Distinct Features Of Chilled Water Coils
Chilled water coils are popularly known by the name hydronic cooling coils. These carrier coils are added to the cooling systems to remove the unnecessary moisture from the airstreams. They also cool down the moisture. The fins are there which passage for the cool air is. The tubes fixed within the system allow the solutions containing ethylene or propylene glycol to pass through these.
The chilled water coils have following distinct features:
- It is a manifestation of the water coils. The chilled and hot water coils are similar to each other and there is little difference in them. Unlike the hot water carrier coils online that are 1 or2 rows deep, the chilled coils are at a depth of 3 to 12 rows.
- The chilled water coils are made with 0.5 or 5/8 inches OD tubes. The construction depends upon the tools used and the cost of the equipment. It is possible to use any size as a substitute.
- The tube thickness determines the quality of the carrier coils. In many systems the water is not dealt with properly and in this case the velocities also increase. If you want to add extra life to the coil the tube wall thickness must be increased.
- Fins are used as filters. Although their construction is not much similar to the filters but they work like filters. If you want a cheap coil check one that has 14 fins and fewer rows. Check for the depth of the coils too. The deeper they go the more difficult they will be to clean.
- In order to maximize the heat transfer there are fins attached. Their structure and construction looks simple but in fact they are more complex and complicated. Their edges are rippled so that the air can break up easily. The fins are corrugated from the inside. 6. Fins are designed for maximum heat transfer. They are much more complicated in design than they appear to be when looking at the chilled water coil. They are rippled on the edge to break up the air. They are corrugated throughout the depth of the fin. The tubes are spread in rows and they have extended fin collars. It is for this extended appearance that the fins work like filters.
- The fins attached are usually made of copper. This makes the coils expensive. If you are looking for an economical option then it is better to get the system that has aluminium coils instead.
- Generally the chilled water carrier coils in australia come with 304 stainless steel casings. The casing is made strong enough to last for a long time. They can be stacked but at the same time they won’t cost you much.
- If you feel that the coil need to be replaced then there is nothing to worry about. You can easily get these coils from market. There is also of getting carrier coils online. The procedure is easy as well. With the passage of time the efficiency of the coils reduces and it is the right time to replace the coils. For more information please Click here.